Friday, September 21, 2012


DAY 7
Today I’m going to do a longer post. I haven’t really self-reflected through this so I figure I’ll start with that. I love riding my new BMX bike. My old was more expensive but do to the newer technology even the price and quality of cheaper BMX bikes has changed for the good. Their quality and flexibility have changed over the last 6 years and now their cheaper. I liked this fact seeing I was on a bike that had seen some bad times… I can be pretty hard on them when I crash.

This was actually a really hard challenge because it is kind of dangerous. I’m actually hoping I can overcome my fear of pushing them to their limits. When I was 15 I could stand on the back two pegs and ride no handed. I did this all the way to the bottom of a hill the last time; and when I got to the bottom I hit a smaller rock with my front tire. From the bad weight distribution it went almost vertical. Then it proceeded to land 90 degrees parallel to me and send me through the air into a curb. It was actually kind of funny because when I stood up I didn’t feel that bad. #addrenalinerush. I calmly asked the guy across the street that saw the whole thing happen if he would call my mom. He replied shocked saying he was calling an ambulance. What I hadn’t realized was how bad I looked. I had blood literally streaming down my face from my forehead and chin, one arm was scrapped practically all the way up, the other felt like it almost broke when I caught myself, and on top of all of this I was missing half my front tooth on my right side. I had stitches in my chin and told not to go to sleep for a while. Needless to say I wouldn’t go over 20 on a bike for a while. So this is why I feel this is even more challenging for me than a person who has never wrecked one real bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment